Do I need to provide my own motorcycle for motorcycle instructor training and the assessments?

You will need to bring your own motorcycle for the trainer assessments. Motorcycles must be fully insured, have road tax, be roadworthy and have a minimum power output of 20kW. Motorcycles that do not meet these requirements will not be accepted and the assessment will be canceled.

For motorcycle instructor training courses, we are able to supply appropriate motorcycles for the entirety of the course; however, it is advisable to use your own machine for all or part of the course as this is the machine that the assessment will be carried out on.