Phoenix Motorcycle Training Ltd Terms and Conditions of Training
1. Acceptance for training and testing is subject to the terms and conditions herein and in any correspondence as issued by Phoenix Motorcycle Training Ltd a company
registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07809943 and having registered address at: 46 West Park Ave, Margate, CT9 3LJ or any Phoenix Motorcycle Training franchises (referred to as “us”, “we”, “our” or “Phoenix Motorcycle Training”)relevant to your training
2. Acceptance is conditional upon:
Payment for the prescribed course and / or test fee in part (as a deposit) or in full at the time and place directed by us.
For all courses:-
That there be produced to us a signed valid UK driving licence. If you still have the old style paper only licence, then you will also need a valid (in date) Passport as photo ID for your DVSA test.
For DVSA Test courses:-
That there be produced to us a valid CBT certificate. (First motorcycle test only, not required for any licence upgrades.)
You will also need a valid Motorcycle Theory Test pass certificate for all motorcycle tests and even licence upgrades by accelerated access. However, licence upgrades by
progressive access (2 year wait between upgrades) do not to repeat the Theory Test.
The motorcycle / moped to be used (if pupil’s own) must comply with all legal requirements.
The maintenance & reliability of the pupil’s machine is the pupil’s sole responsibility.
It is the pupil’s responsibility to ensure all documents are in order and presented for examination by the DVSA Examiner on test day.
3. Full disclosure must be made by the pupil of any medical condition, drug or medication (by prescription or otherwise) being taken that could impair driving ability before any training / testing session. We reserve the right to terminate any training or testing, with immediate
effect and without refund, if the instructor suspects that illegal or legal substances have been consumed, which in their opinion will be detrimental to safety.
4. Training and testing (as arranged with and conducted by the Driving and Vehicles Standards Agency) to be at the time date and place specified.
Deposits are non-refundable and full payment should reach us a minimum of 14 days prior to the start of training. No refunds will be made for cancellations unless this is due to illness
and a doctor’s certificate is supplied. For cancellation due to other unavoidable occurrences the amount of any refund will be at the discretion of the company. No refunds for cancellations under any circumstances will be given for cancellations made on the day of your training. However, we will endeavour to re-let any course cancelled to another candidate and if so we will hold the course(s) monies until an alternative date is booked. If the cancelled course(s) cannot be re-let then the full course fees will be payable and due
6. Non-attendance at the prescribed time, date and place will be deemed a cancellation and if the required notice has not been received the full course fee will have become payable.
7. A Compulsory Basic Training course is often completed on the day booked, but sometimes more training is required for a suitable, safe standard to be attained. If, by the time the course reaches the end of Element C, the instructor does not feel that the student is at a sufficient, safe standard to undertake the road ride, the instructor will explain this to the student and the student will then finish for the day and will need to rebook to complete a CBT Continuation course at a later date.
Similarly, if the student starts the road ride but the instructor needs to stop the ride for safety reasons the student will then return to site and finish for the day and will need to rebook to complete a CBT Continuation course at a later date. There is an additional charge for this. More details will be sent at the end of the course.
Stopping CBT training at any time for safety reasons is at the sole discretion of the Instructor. In which event no refund will be due and further training will only be offered at our discretion.
8. For test-training courses, in the case of any necessary further training and tests, attendance must be made to suit the place, date and time arranged with the DVSA following their statutory waiting period. Additional charges will be made for re testing if required. If tests are cancelled by the DVSA for any reason other than the weather, compensation may be claimed directly from the DVSA to include the cost of the ride to test and loss of income for ½ day. The cost of the ride to test will need to be paid to directly to us before the re arranged test. In the case of cancellation by weather, the DVSA do not pay compensation for the ride to test. You will need to pay an additional fee of 50% of the re-booked ride to test. Please ask for more details if this occurs.
9. If you supply your own equipment, including bike, it is your responsibly to ensure that it meets the current safety standards in order for it to be used. Training will not take place if any equipment does not comply, and no refund will be given. If you have corrected vision, you must bring your glasses or contact lenses with you. You will be asked to read a number plate from 20.5 metres. Failure to do this will mean your training can not
continue and you will lose any money paid.
10. We must reserve the right to cancel, amend or rearrange the date, time and place of appointments (giving reasonable notice where possible) and without unreasonable delay.
11. We must reserve the right to determine riding standards in all respects as criteria for submitting candidates for testing. Such criteria to be in accordance with regulations and guidance as issued by the DVSA.
12. We reserve the right and at our discretion to refund the course fee in full instead of providing training and / or testing.
13. We reserve the right to terminate training (without a refund) in the event of any Client riding in a dangerous or negligent manner, or behaviour in a abusive or threating manner towards any person.
14. All arrangements with the DVSA are also subject to the terms and conditions of that body.
Cancellations for tests must be made giving 3 clear working days (Mon-Sat). No refund will be given inside this time scale.
15. Where there are unclaimed or outstanding portions of training (including gift vouchers)
Candidates remain in credit for a period of 12 months unless otherwise agreed.
16. We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions without prior notice but a copy of current terms and conditions will be provided with response to each booking being made.
17. We reserve the right to change our prices at any time and without notice to customers. A quote of training is only valid for a period of 14 days.
Revision date 23/08/2023