Your web browser is out of date

This website has been developed using modern web technologies. The web browser you're currently using is outdated and may not support such technologies and as such your experience on this website may be degraded.

See your options

What kind of motorcycle or moped can I ride once I have my licence?

Jas Murphy November 26, 2019

If you’re getting your motorcycle licence at the earliest age possible (15 years and 9 months) then you’ll be restricted to an AM licence level. This enables you to legally ride a 50cc moped or motorcycle with L plates and no pillion passenger or access to motorways.

If you’re older and planning to get your motorcycle licence, you’re able to get a higher level motorcycle licence (A1, A2 or full A level). Each of these licences has a different power restriction associated with them – please check the chart above to learn more.


Get more from our blog